Our nominee service provides safe, secure and cost effective electronic custody of your investments.
The investment industry has moved away from paper based investment ownership and administration towards electronic registration. Blankstone Sington’s nominee company – Oakwood Nominees Limited – is a non trading company and member of the CREST settlement system, established to hold investments and complete trade settlement on behalf of our clients.
The benefits of electronic ownership are:
- Fast and efficient settlement of trades.
- Reduced paperwork on the underlying investments.
- No paper share certificates providing greater security.
- We alert you to corporate activity on your investments.
- Collection and remittance of dividends as per your instruction.
- Annual consolidated income tax certificate produced.
When considering placing your investments into nominee it should be understood that the individual investor’s name will no longer appear on the shareholder register and no correspondence will be received directly i.e. company accounts.
The cost of nominee registration is inclusive for our Investment Management and Inheritance Tax Portfolio services, but is a separate administration charge, if required, for Traditional Investment Advice and Execution Only Share dealing. Our Scale of Charges is available to download.